Cellular and Subcellular Toxicity
- Ana Marija Marjanović Čermak, PhD, biologist
- Ivan Pavičić, PhD, biologist Ivančica Trošić, PhD, biologist
The studies will be focused on:
- Cellular and subcellular toxicity of selected pesticides on human brain astrocytoma line 1321N1, neuroblastoma line SH-SY5Y, HepG2 and primary brain cells
- Viability, growth, and metabolic activity of selected cell cultures
- Estimation of the oxidation-reduction cell equilibrium by measuring total protein content, the oxidated protein concentration, reactive oxidative species, and glutathione along with malondialdehyde level
- The disturbances of cytoskeleton components including microtubular, actin and intermediate fibres, as a principal targets for external toxicants
Figure 1. Strucutre of actine fibers in SH-SY5Y cells. Cells were labeled by phalloidin-TRITC.
Figure 2. Microtubules and nucleus of V79 cell. Cell were labeled by antimicrotubule IgM-FITC and Hoechst dye.